Here's how to change the default font in different email programs, for improved readability:
1. Step 1: Log in to Gmail from your Web browser. ...
2. Step 2: Open the settings menu in the upper right-hand corner and choose Labs. ...
3. Step 3: Scroll down to "Default Text Styling" in the list, and enable it.
1. On the File tab, choose Options > Mail. ...
2. Under Compose messages, choose Stationery and Fonts.
3. On the Personal Stationery tab, under New mail messages or Replying or forwarding messages, choose Font.
If you want to adjust the font size in the list of mail, click “Edit” on the top left corner of the AOL Desktop window, select “Mail Settings” from the drop-down menu, and from the “Font and Text”“ tab select your preferred “ Font Size” from the drop-down menu (Small, Medium or Large).
Mail for Mac:
1. Select Mail > Preferences... from the menu in OS X Mail.
2. Go to the Fonts & Colors category.
3. Click Select… ...
4. Choose the desired font in the Family column in the Fonts window.
Now choose a variant, if you want, in the Typeface column.
Note: These instructions are in 18 pt. Georgia for headings and 16 pt. Georgia for the instructions. We consider Georgia the most readable font for text.
Jim Smith, Golden Real Estate